Monday, May 21, 2012

Delicious Chocolate Chip Cookies & Fun with Some Friends

Hi friends!

I do hope everyone had a fabulous weekend and got to enjoy the great outdoors a little bit.
We had beautiful weather this weekend, so on Saturday we took a trip to the park with some friends. I actually did manage to take some pictures (woohoo!) so more on that later. :)

I have also been meaning to post about a chocolate chip recipe that is super delicious so I want to share. This recipe has been used a few times by us for different events with friends and family and since it was a hit, why not share the recipe with you all!

If you are interested, here is a quick recipe instruction on how to make these chocolate chip cookies.
(FYI- I tweaked this recipe from a Southern Living cookbook my mom bought me for Christmas last year. This cookbook is special, not only because it was a gift from my mom, but because this cookbook was printed and sold in 1984- the year I was born)! I didn't even know that Southern Living did that! Anyways, it was neat that my mom was able to purchase this cookbook for me even though it was printed so long (okay...maybe not that long, right?) ago!

I went ahead and took more pictures than needed when I was making these cookies, but chose to narrow them down to only 4 pictures because who really wants to see pictures of each and every single step!?  :)



1. For this recipe, you will need to melt 1 3/4 cup of butter followed by adding 3/4 cup of brown sugar and 1/2 cup of sugar. After the mixture is fluffy, add 2 eggs and blend well.

2. Combine 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, pinch of salt and then add to the mixture above. Once those are blended and creamed, add 1 to 1 1/2 cups of semisweet chocolate morsels (if you want, you can replace the morsels with anything like pecans or walnuts, etc. or just add all three!)

3. Now the original recipe (which again, I tweaked a little here) says to divide the mixture into thirds to make BIG cookies that are 10 inches each- which you can do...BUT, I just made cookies that were about 2-3 inches wide. Therefore, I made about 15 cookies total.
Bake at 375 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes.

4. Let the cookies cool and plate them up to eat afterwards!! Enjoy!

:)

***********************************************************

And without further ado, I went ahead and posted just a few of the pictures I took at the park on Saturday! Not only did we eat the delicious cookies I brought (after dinner, of course!) but we grilled some burgers and hot dogs (for the kiddos) with friends and had a bunch of other goodies with our meal, too- like salad with home-made dip (thanks to our friend Amy), chips, granola, and soda! Yum!!


Our sweet little girl!
She loves, loves, LOVES, to stand now! She has also started taking her first steps and she is almost 11 months! What?! How did that happen already?!

Hehe...reaching for the camera.  :)

Here are some of the kiddos playing at the park with all of their FUN toys!



Swing time for everyone!!

Here is my beautiful baby and I playing on the swings! :)

How about you all? Did you have a fun weekend? I'd love to know if you got to spend it outdoors, too!


I will be back tomorrow with another post about our progress with the kitchen light fixture!! We really wanted to have it hung in the nook area already, but it was such a busy weekend. There will be a post about the reveal this week, though! 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.