Friday, May 11, 2012

Verses for the Day & New Bronzed Handles

Good morning everyone and happy Friday!!


In reading through Wayne Grudem's book, Bible Doctrine, I have been encouraged to look at more scripture during my devotions. One such chapter that encourages me comes from Philippians 2 verses
3-11. These verses continue to remind me of how Christ lived while here on Earth. He set the ultimate example of humility and showed great love. I know that it seems that every week I talk about how I need to be constantly reminded of this, but it is true. What these verses have set on my heart is how much God loves me that he would send his Son to set an example for me of how I ought to be living. Because God loves me and has given me his Son as the example I am to follow, I am reminded of Christ's humility and the genuine interest he had for others. Verse 3 is particularly convicted to me: "Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves." Boy is this hard for me to follow at times (if not pretty regularly!), but if I am to be called one of His, I need to love others continuously and let my love be genuine.

**********************************************************

Also, I would like to say that the handles on our TV Stand have finally been completed! YAY!
I was able to head to Lowe's to buy some Metallic Bronze Spray Paint for them and love how they turned out.


Here is the quick breakdown of what I did.

BUT not only did I buy the spray paint, I also purchased a small can of chalkboard paint AND some wood stain for projects to do later next week!! :)
Can't wait to share!


Alright, so here is what I used to paint our TV stand's handles:

Rust-Oleum's Metallic Bronze Paint and Primer in One


Ok....if you don't remember what the before looked like after I cleaned the tarnish off of these handles, here is a quick refresher.


Because the original gold/brassy handles weren't workin', it was time to prep them for their new color!


I just grabbed a cardboard box out of our garage and set the handles on them outside before spraying away.


Here is a good close-up of the before and after.
Good-bye brass and HELLO bronze!!!


I really love spray painting things (which you can probably tell if you have read any of my other posts in the past). I just think it is so neat how a little bit of paint instantly transforms something that is considered "out-of-date" and makes it new again!


I gave the handles a couple of coats of paint, turned them over, sprayed the backs, and let them sit out in the sun to dry.

And the final result............


Squeaalllllll!!!!!!!!!

Love it!


The spray paint dried quick enough so that I was able to screw these handles back into the TV stand shortly after.


This one is a little blurry...sorry about that.

 
So what do you think? I would love to know!  :)
Linking up to:
The Shabby Nest

&


&

five days five ways  feature friday free for all
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.