Friday, June 1, 2012

Kid Art and Matthew 19


Hi folks! Happy Friday to all! :)

Yesterday, my husband and I had the pleasure of babysitting for some friends of ours and we of course brought our little girl along too to play with the kids. So in total, we were watching 5 children all 9 years and under, which was quite fun and kept the two of us very, very busy.

One of the little girls we were watching said that she loved to draw pictures so I asked her if she would draw something for my family and I. She replied, "Yea!!" with a huge smile on her face.

After spending some time thinking about what she was going to put together, she began to draw and color away and a few minutes later, this is what we were presented with.



We loved it so much that we hung it up on our fridge. :)


It's apparently a picture of my family...don't know why I take up almost the entire sheet of paper and have 3 toes on each foot, but we rolled with it. :) It was a pretty sweet gift and very thoughtful.

In all seriousness though, when I think about it, I am reminded of how much Jesus loved and still loves the little children. In the gospels, we are told countless stories of how Christ loved the children and said, "Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 19:13-15). How sweet to know that our God loves the little children and delights in them. It is truly wonderful to be in the presence of little ones and comforting even more so to know that Jesus thinks so too.

*******

Oh! And my mom sent us a box of goodies today which we received in the mail.
Among other cool things were these CUTE pink shoes for our daughter. Don't you love them?!?!

They are non-slip socks/shoes and they look adorable on our baby girl.
Okay, maybe she isn't a baby anymore because she is walking already, but we still like to call her our little baby anyways.


Ack!!! We love these shoes and so did our love.
Thanks, mom!!


Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for stopping by!




No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.