Wednesday, October 17, 2012

DIY Centerpiece Project

Well Hello, Hello!!!
I hope you all are having a great Wednesday. :)
 
Yesterday evening, my husband and I had a game night with our Bible study group and it sure was fun! We got together to socialize, fellowship, eat, and play games and it was a good time to just relax and laugh together. I love those moments and really look forward to them. It's great to see how the Lord blesses us with the people He puts in our lives and we are always excited to see what good things He brings to us.
 
Also...today I wanted to share a project with you that is super quick, easy, and cheap!
All the materials I needed for this project I either had or bought from the Dollar Store! Yeah!!
 
 
So I will start by showing some pictures and explaining what I did.
I also should quickly mention that this idea came from looking at a blog called 320Sycamore and this stay-at-home mom is super talented. :)
 
 
 
The two vases I already had and saved them from our wedding about 4 years ago. These vases each cost a dollar when I purchased them back in the day from the Dollar Store.
They had to be cleaned so I did that after I completed this project.

 
The candlesticks and the 2 pumpkin candles came from the Dollar Store for a total of $4.00 plus tax.
Can you see where I am going with all of these?

 
I glued the candlesticks to the bottom of my vases using a glue called Loctite because hot glue didn't work well and the plan was to place the candles inside the vases.
Can you say, "SIMPLE!!"?

 
And after they were glued and cleaned, I placed them on our table as a centerpiece.
The pumpkin is from a local pumpkin patch we went to a few weeks ago and the salt and pepper shakers were sent up from my mom for my birthday. :)

 
I decided not to place the pumpkin spice candles into the vases and instead, moved them to the fireplace.

 
I think they look much better on our fireplace mantle. :)

 
And there you have it!
A quick and easy, and CHEAP, way to make your own centerpieces just by using what you have with a little something extra from the Dollar Tree!!!!!
 
Yay for saving money!
 
Oh, and I should mention that 320 Sycamore's blog said that these vases cost anywhere from $60 to $170 if you buy them at Willams Sonoma! I just looked it up too and she was right!
Crazy ridiculous, huh??
 
Do you think you will make something like this?
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!


No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.