Monday, October 8, 2012

Thinking About Rugs....

 
 
Hi there!! Happy Monday to you all!! :)
 
I have been recently wanting a rug for our family room because currently, we just don't have one! Now, we don't have wood floors, YET, in our house so maybe it is a bit necessary to add a rug, but with all of the rug options out there and the varieties of color, it makes sense to purchase one not only a design perspective, but on a comfort level too. Does that make sense?
There are a lot of rugs out there and I have researched plenty on the ones I liked but some are just so darn expensive. Like Pottery Barn and Crate and Barrel...I really can't justify spending almost half a grand on a rug for our family room even if it is the most comfortable thing to walk on.
Anyways, I have a few in mind that I have on my list of possibilities so I will share them with you and hopefully make a decision soon as to what rug we choose.
 
Here are some of the fabulous options I've looked at and loved:
 
Option 1 from West Elm:
Jute Boucle Rug, 5'x8', Ivory
A 5' by 8' rug for $179. Not too bad of a price considering some of it's comparables. I like the simpleness of it and the color. I think it will look good in our family room because it is a neutral color and I have splashes of navy in my fabrics for that room.
 
 
Option 2 from RugsUSA:
 
Rugs USA Keno Trellis Slate Rug
 
This one is also 5' by 8' for $99.50 because it is currently going for 60% off the original price. Now it is charcoal in color with a hint of blue, but I am not 100% sure the color will go well with my navy pillow fabric. Hard to tell now but I really do like it!
 
 
Option 3 is the Tarnby from IKEA:
This is about 6' by 8' feet for $100 which is also a good price. The only con to it that I read from reviewers online is that it gets really dirty and sheds a lot so it requires a bit of maintenance. If we go with this particular rug, I have a plan to keep it clean, but it is a downfall to purchasing.
 
 
Option 4 from RugsUSA as well:
 
Rugs USA Homespun Moroccan Trellis Navy Blue Rug
 
For a 6' by 9' this would cost $150 because it is also on sale for crazy less than the original price. Ahhh so many great options!!!!! What to do, what to do!?

I hope to decide by today!!! :)

Thanks for stopping by!
 


No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.