Monday, November 12, 2012

DIY Entryway- Coat Storage

 
Hi there and good morning!
Did you all have a good weekend?
Well, if you have been reading the past week, you know that I have been talking about IKEA. I have purchased some amazing things and will show them later in the week.  ;)  But for today, I have another DIY project that I completed last Friday. It only took about 2-3 hours to do total and that is pretty good for my first "building" project.
For a few months, my husband and I have been talking about needing a storage solution for coats and hats near the entryway of our house. After looking up many ideas online, I decided to make this my very first "building" DIY project and am so happy I did. Why?
Well, it saved us a TON of money and you will see why later on in this post.
 
 
So here is what we started with....a blank canvas. This wall was the perfect place to put a coat rack and so began my DIY project.

 
I went to Home Depot with my baby girl (my little helper) and bought some wood that I had cut down to size by the guys at Home Depot.

 
The dimensions I needed were two 5' boards, two 30" boards, and one 52" board for the middle of my coat rack.

 
I accidentally did part of my math wrong at Home Depot and should have ended up with two 31" boards, but I got 30" instead and had to make due.

 
I purchased some caulk and primer and got to work finishing up this project.

 
I also used a few nails to keep the boards on the wall and to make them a little more sturdy to hold coats and such.

 
I did one coat of primer and one coat of white paint.
I still think I am going to go over the boards and the wall with another coat of white paint at some point, but I wanted to get this project done because I was way too excited to see the final result!!

 
I bought these beauties too at Home Depot for about $3.00 each and needed 3 of them.

 
And here is my finished product!!!!

 
We love it oh so much!!!!
:)

 
 


 
So what do you think??
Do you love it?!
I love the fact that our hooks can hold multiple things besides coats and it was a great storage solution for our small space.
 
Plus, it cost about $25.00 to complete...or maybe even less actually.
Love it!!!!
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 


4 comments :

  1. I love it! What a great use of this space and you make it look so easy. I'm also glad to know I'm not the only one brings my little helper along to Home Depot for all our projects! ;) I'm certain she's going to be a little DIY girl too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Ellora! And I am pretty sure my little girl will be a DIYer too. :)

      ~Stephanie

      Delete
  2. Looks great! Good idea for storage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa. It has been a great place for storage.

      ~Stephanie

      Delete

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.