Tuesday, December 4, 2012

A Little Bit of Christmas at Our House

 
Hi all! Hope you are having a good Tuesday!
 
:)
 
I wanted to share a few pictures of our Christmas tree and our Christmas mantle. We decided to go simple this year...since this is our first house and we don't have much to decorate with (which I prefer) we kept things simple in decor. This was also nice because I have always wanted a simply decorated Christmas tree and this year we have one! Our first Christmas tree too!! :)
I decided to go with blue and silver as the main colors of the tree since we have navy as a big accent color around our home.
 
So here are a few pictures I took to post.
I hope to take a few more around the house as it gets decorated.
 
 
 
 
I really love the way the blue and silver decor turned out on the tree!
I also used pine cones from Home Depot to decorate the tree. I didn't purchase any hooks for our ornaments because we have little ones, but used sewing string instead.
 
 

 
 
Here is a quick picture of the navy armchairs I painted a while back and a picture of our bookshelves I made from dressers and storage cubes.
 

 
 
These Gator ornaments we got as Christmas gifts a few years ago.
Go Gators!!
 

 
 
Love decorating our bookshelves with meaningful figurines.
 

 
 
Next year, we will need a stocking for our new baby girl, Lydia!
I am planning on getting one after Christmas this year with an "L" on it and hope to get one in blue with a checkered pattern to match.  :)
 

 
 
And this jar I purchased at the thrift store a few months ago and decorated it with ornaments my mom sent us.
Love it!!
 
Sharing at 5days5ways blogspot.
 
Have you started decorating your home for Christmas?
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments :

  1. Very pretty! Love the accent pillow and footstool in your living room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the fabric too and the navy ties into the chairs. :)

      Delete

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.