Wednesday, January 23, 2013

How Far We've Come...

Hi there!

How was your Tuesday?
It is cold here where we live and we are hoping for more snow Thursday or Friday. :)
We don't get snow that often so it is nice when we do have it because the novelty hasn't worn off yet. It's also nice to have snow and cold weather just a few months out of the year instead of 4-5 months out of the year! Yippee!!

Well, like my title says, I wanted to show the transformation that our family has had since the past year and a half. We have gone through quite a few changes since living in our house and it always amazes me how much a room can change when you tweak it often, as I always seem to do. :)


So this is part of what we started with when we moved into our house.
I had an idea about using these Target bookshelves to add to a dresser to make one big storage unit.
I also added slipcovers to the armchairs and tweaked the mantle a little bit.
You can read more about the shelves here and also here!


Then we added a mirror from Home Depot above the fireplace and worked on setting up the storage unit so it would be a little more sturdy.


Then I decided to paint the armchairs in a navy color by Home Depot, the Martha Stewart collection.
This post goes over how I painted the armchairs as well as this post. 


Around Christmastime, we had added the navy armchairs and newly covered ottoman to the space.


And we finally completed the bookshelves by adding molding to the middle and pictures to the front to give it more character and to make it look like one big piece of furniture.
I also changed the shelf styling a bit and have been tweaking that area here and there.
You can read about that here in this post. 


So how do you decorate your family room?
Do you move things around every now and then?


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.