Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Kitchen Nook- Simplifying

Ok...so seriously, if you read this post and maybe this one recently, you would probably think that this new post is a little on the crazy side. :)

I know, I know...I just can't leave well-enough alone and always have to change something up until I absolutely love it.

That is exactly what I did last week with our kitchen nook. 
Hard to believe it started out looking like this just last year.

To start, I wanted to simplify things a little bit with this area so I added texture to the light fixture and got rid of the chevron seating.
I also added a new pillow (in chevron) and did a little bit of touch-up paint.


Here is what our nook looked like after I started this process.


Oh! I also painted the table top in an off white color that I mixed myself out of some left-over paint.
Gotta love using what you already have! :)


I am saving the finishing touches for tomorrow's post so please check in tomorrow to see what our nook looks like now.

And this time, it's not changing for a while! ;)


What parts of your home do you feel like you are always tweaking?

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments :

  1. Wow! Looks great! I love your light fixture over the table! Would love it if you would link this up to Give Me The Goods Monday: 1 Party, 5 Blogs! http://www.rainonatinroof.com/2013/04/give-me-goods-link-party-6.html
    Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...I still have another post to put up with the finishing touches. It will be up tomorrow!

      ~Stephanie

      Delete
  2. Very pretty! I have a little corner nook in my kitchen that I can't decide what to do with, so this is great inspiration! Thanks for sharing at How To Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks lovely. I love the updates you've done! Sometimes it is fun to go through and change things up a bit. :) Thanks so much for linking up to Crafty Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.