Monday, July 1, 2013

A Colorful Toddler Birthday Party

Hi all!
I hope you had a fabulous weekend. :)
Our weekend was fun but also a bit tiring since we planned a birthday party for our oldest. She turned 2 on Wednesday and we wanted to have a few friends over on Saturday to celebrate. We did a cook-out style birthday and had lots of yummy foods...and seriously, I didn't take pictures of some of the yummy treats we made. Dang! I use to take pictures of everything when I was younger to the point that it was a bit much for some people (HAHA!) and now I barely take pictures...what's up with that? ;)

The party turned out great and we are so thankful for everyone who came. Our daughter even got some wonderful presents from her friends...pictures to come about that. :)

I decorated our garage (because that's where we had our guests gather since having the party inside our home would have been a little bit crowded because of the space).

I decided to go a bit simple on the decorations and use what we had. I hung paper poms from the garage door (after we put it up) and we took our tables and chairs from inside our home to add seating for everyone. It worked out great!


Just ignore all of the bins in the backyard...Hey! At least we can still park our cars in the garage...we are pretty proud about that!




I wish I had taken more pictures of the birthday cake I made for our daughter. I decorated the outside with M&M's and the kids (and parents) LOVED it.



In the picture above, our daughter was suppose to blow out her candle (which was in the shape of a cupcake) but another girl did the honors...haha! It was okay though, since I don't think our daughter cared too much about blowing out her candle anyways...she was more interested in eating the cake!


Our oldest is still teething...so in almost every picture she is chewing or biting on something!
Ahhh! I can't wait until the rest of her teeth come in and I think she can't either!



She had some fun playing with her presents...and Yes, one of our friends did put a few dollar bills in a birthday card for our daughter, which she absolutely loves to play with...we just make sure to watch her with the money since she did try to throw one of the dollar bills in the toilet this weekend!!! Oh the joys of being 2!


How do you celebrate your children's birthdays?
Do you have a big get-together or try and keep things small?


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.