Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Burlap Covered Boxes

 I just love this project I am sharing with you all today!
It was one of those things where one day I thought, "I would love to have been able to purchase 9 burlap baskets for our upstairs landing!!" But knew that would be way too EXPENSIVE to buy.
Then it hit me....why not just buy burlap fabric and wrap it around some boxes which I bought at Office Depot (for about $3.00 or less a piece).

Here is how it all turned out!


Sorry for some of the poor quality in the photos...they were taken at night. ;)



I store children's books and novels in these baskets from back in the day when I taught elementary school.
Our kids will always have a plethora of books to read if they so choose.



Quick tip: To keep the burlap secured to the box, I just used some spray adhesive from JoAnn's and it stuck like glue!



To see how this space once looked, go here.


Overall, I think the total for each "basket" cost about $5 or $6...not too shabby I suppose!
If you are ever looking around for cheaper ways to have burlap baskets, it may not be a bad idea to make them yourself. ;)

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.