Monday, December 9, 2013

DIY Wood Stained Large Frame

Hello, hello!!
Did you all have a wonderful weekend?
It is soooo cold here right now and a little dreary out because of all the rain we have been getting. It sure feels like Christmas is almost here with the big change in weather though.

We recently put up a few Christmas things around the house and added a DIY wood frame to our entryway.


I recently sold our Thrift Store desk  and made a good profit from it. :)
In the meantime, I moved our white Target desk from upstairs down here so we have a place to put our computer and miscellaneous items.


To create our wooden picture frame, I used leftover wood from our outdoor shed project and nailed the large picture to the wood. Then I nailed the boards together with more leftover wood in the back in order to keep the whole piece sturdy and then I stained the whole thing.


I sanded the wood after staining to give it more of a weathered effect and it turned out pretty good.
 I do wish the stain was a little lighter in color- that was what I was hoping when I bought the stain color but it ended up being a bit darker than I was expecting.


Overall, I like that our picture frame was practically free- except for buying the wood stain at Home Depot.

I want to make one more of these to put in the stairwell eventually but I need to think of a neat picture to take before doing so.
The picture above is of my hubby and daughter at a nearby beach. I do love it so!!


Thanks for stopping by and have a great Monday!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.