Thursday, December 12, 2013

Making Changes in the Stairwell

I have a semi-quick project to share on the blog today folks!

A little bit ago, I moved our entryway gallery wall to the stairwell to keep most of the picture confined there. However, it seemed that added pictures to both sides of the stairwell wall was a bit much so it was time for a quick change.







See what I mean?!?




Oh, and I had to take a picture of my two little cuties playing together while I was snapping some pictures. :)




I used my handy left-over scrap wood again to make another picture frame and I went ahead and used the same that I used for this project.
I watered the stain down a little bit and that seemed to help with the darker color- it was a bit too dark originally, but now it's more of the shade I was looking for.






This was a picture I took a few years ago at the beach.
It looks great in black and white and I enlarged the print at Staples just like I did in this post!




The whole cost for the project was under $7.00  :)



In the meantime, I am working on moving the pictures to just one wall in the stairwell, that way we only have one gallery wall instead of 2 or 3.  ;)

At some point, I need to update my house tour- hoping to get working on that soon!

Hope everyone is staying warm this week!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.