Monday, January 27, 2014

Chalkboard Wall Command Center Details

Here we go everyone!
Today is the day I want to share with you our organization area.

Are you ready?

First things first...
when we started with our chalkboard wall, it was just a blank slate for doodling, random quotes, and grocery lists.

As I was flipping through a magazine one day (I forget which one), I saw one lady who had a chalkboard wall command center.
I thought, what a freakin' great idea! I'm gonna have to give that a try.
It just made so much sense and now our chalkboard wall is actually being used in a better way.

Here is how it looks now.
Actually, the picture just below shows the chalkboard command center incomplete...but keep reading! :)


The top says "Inspirations"
Next is the "Mom and Dad" center
We have a "Calendar" area complete with pens and markers
Lastly, but NOT least, we have the "Grocery" and the "Kids Space"


Remember my cereal box post?


I turned these 2 cereal boxes into storage boxes for the hubs and I- it's a great place for us to keep notebooks, coupons, receipts, etc.
I thought about buying 2 storage boxes, but really didn't want to spend the money on that.
Why not just use what you have, right?


I also used an empty utensil box for markers and pens and covered it in some white masking tape!



I love it, my husband loves it, and importantly, our kids love it!
It's so much more functional now and has more of a purpose.


And for some extra "flare" I taped some paint swatches onto our boxes.
It just adds some color and a little bit of fun to them.


How do you try and stay organized?
Do you have a chalkboard wall command center you love to use?


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.