Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Funny Things Kids Say

Our 2 year old loves to tell us stories! She even has a sharp memory (hoping that rubs off on me at times!) and lately she has been saying some of the funniest things to us so I just had to share a few of them.
 Here it goes.

Last week, as we were getting ready to go to church, we told our daughter to go put her shoes on (because she insists on doing it herself).
She quickly said, "Ok!"

Then she paused and it looked like she was wondering why she needed to go and put her shoes on so my husband said, "We are going to church, sweetie, so you need your shoes." (And yes, my husband always uses "sweetie" when he is talking to our daughters...is that cute or what? YES!).

Anyways, our little one quickly replied, AND I QUOTE! "Oohh, boy...then I go put on different shoes!"

Now, this was hilarious to us because there is this new boy that moved up into the toddler room at church (which is the room our daughter is in) and she loves playing with this little guy. He is a total boy and likes all things "destruction" if you will. Whenever we volunteer in there, she constantly brings him things that she thinks he needs (like toy cars, play saws...YES saws people!...and play hammers) and sweetly says, "Here you go Z." (this is obviously not the boys real name).
So yea, we were pretty sure she wanted to wear her fancy shoes for that special occasion...you know, just in case someone in particular was paying attention.
And the shoes she picked out were her sparkly boots. Oh boy!
Seriously, why do kids grow up so fast?!

************************************************

Another fun little story-
The other day I was holding our youngest and she was whining (kind of the usual at this stage now that she has 3 teeth coming in...ALL AT THE SAME TIME!)

My oldest said, "Oh...it sounds like baby needs to take a nap!"

I laughed out loud and told her that was pretty funny and true at the same time. I really needed that laugh-out-loud moment in that situation.
Can't children say the cutest and funniest things sometimes?
I love watching both of them learn to play together now. It really is the sweetest thing stepping back and watching how they are together.

I don't know why, but I'm always reminded of this verse when I watch the two of them together.

“Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.”
Matthew 19:14 
I praise God for these moments in life and pray for them to know Him.
***********************************************

 While parenting can be quite the challenge sometimes, there are plenty of great laugh-out-loud moments that make it all worth it.

Do you have any fun stories to share like these?


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.