Wednesday, March 5, 2014

A Quick Nightstand Redo

Hi there!

Have you been getting hit by this crazy cold weather?
Man...one day it will be breezy and in the mid-60's here and the next couple of days the low is in the 20's with a high in the 30's. It's been blistery cold outside for the past couple of months but we are surviving! Thankfully we have had church activities and play groups scheduled for our girls which allows us to get out and about most days.

And on to one of my quick and easy projects that I completed a few weeks ago.

Seriously, it didn't take long to do this one but it added a bit of punch to my oldest's bedroom.






I bought this nightstand at one of my favorite thrift store's about a year and a half ago for $9.00.
Yep, 9 bucks people!!!
Woohoo!
It wasn't white when I bought it...I painted it once we got it home and it looked much better.
I also spray painted the handle in a metallic bronze color and wanted to add more color to it.
So I busted out some left-over paint from a project I completed earlier in the year, Sherwin Williams Coral, and painted the inside.




We use it to store our kids' puzzled and things and it works perfectly.
I haven't styled the top or inside because it's in our daughter's bedroom and she would just play with whatever is on top anyways, so keeping things practical and functional in here wins over styling things sometimes.


I know it is a simple project, but again, sometimes it's the little things that can make a big impact.


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you can stay warm!

2 comments :

  1. I really love that nightstand and the makeover you gave it! That coral color adds such a nice contrast :) Hope you and your family are doing well!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.