Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Some Progress and Other Things

Well, I have been on the hunt for a new dresser or desk to renovate/paint and sell.
I recently sold the last gray dresser I painted and can't wait to find something new. It's a very fun hobby for me to transform furniture pieces that have seen better days. I am hoping to start a small business out of it soon, once I get more pieces and a little more workroom to play with.


Speaking of....if you are wondering why things have been a little sparse around here....well, there is a reason for it.
We put our house on the market about 3 weeks ago and we are now under contract. Turns out, the first family to walk thru it put in an offer the next day and we are finishing up the process slowly but surely. I didn't realize how long of a process selling and buying a home would take....there is a lot of things that happen once you are under contract and it surprised us a little. It's definitely not as quick or easy as the HGTV show House Hunters makes it look. ;)


Anyways, I hope to have some excited news to share about our move in the next couple of weeks...it will be fun to decorate a new place and make it ours. We will see what happens, but in the meantime we are praying about it all and for God's plan to be revealed to us clearly. Thanks for your patience through all of this and thank you for reading along. :)

I really love my readers!!!!! Every single one of you!


 


 


 


The thrift store where I find most of my furniture pieces will be a bit further away if we move, but that won't stop me from being a loyal customer. ;)


Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments :

  1. It's exciting buying a new/old house but, yes, lots goes into the process. They make it look like a 30-minute deal, from start to finish on HGTV. NOT!

    I'm sure you will have loads of fun, once the hard part of packing and unpacking is over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The idea is so creative! This rug looks totally gorgeous! Can't wait to try it!

    Rustic Bathroom Vanities

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.