Monday, August 18, 2014

Thrift Store Nightstands



Two years ago, we bought a pair of nightstands at one of our favorite thrift stores.
Yep, you read that right...we love to buy our furniture there! 

They weren't in terrible shape, BUT they needed some work.
Once we realized the drawers worked properly, we picked them up and have had them ever since.

When I first got them, I decided to paint them in a gray color by Sherwin Williams called Dorian Gray. I LOVE this color, it's what we have on our bedroom walls, but I wanted something a little lighter.
So I took some sample paint from Sherwin Williams called Nuance, and painted over the gray. Nuance is an off-white with a slight hint of gray. It's beautiful!

Here is how it turned out!










I also added some detail to the front and kept the knobs in their original state since they went perfectly for the nightstand.

Some tips on styling a nightstand:

1. If your lamps don't have enough height (I like to keep ours pretty tall), add some books underneath.
2. Some fresh flowers in a vase always look good in any space, in my opinion. ;)
3. A special picture, or something similar, gives a nice personal touch.
4. Keep it simple!

And there you have it! A quick way to update any piece of furniture- just paint it!


Happy Monday!


**Don't forget to like my new Facebook page!
https://www.facebook.com/LoveOlympiaJune2014

Linking up with:
a pinch of joy
A Stroll Thru Life 
http://thestylesisters.blogspot.com/

2 comments :

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.