Wednesday, September 10, 2014

A Few Snapshots of our New Home

Hello!
It's been a little while since my last post...we didn't get internet turned on in the new place until recently and we are still in the unpacking phase. Who knew we had so much to unpack?! :/

In the meantime, I snapped a few photos for you of the place...I will have more this week...but keep in mind, no decorating has been done really so it will be a bunch of outdated pictures for you guys to see. Exciting, huh? :)

We will start with the family room...
it is a space with so much character and lots of work to do...but I am very excited about that!
We are replacing the green carpet (yes, I said green!) and painting (possibly all of the crown molding)...I am pretty sure I won't be painting the fireplace portion, but we will have to see what things look like once we start that project.
There are a lot of brass/gold fixtures and at first I wanted to update those, but that is going to have to wait. I actually think I am going to try and work around that and decorate accordingly so it doesn't have to be changed. We shall see!!



This is our mudroom/laundry room. Not a big space, but I am happy we at least have one!
The wood floors in here aren't too shabby either. :)
I put up some ol' scrap wood on the wall to hang our bags, jackets, scarves, etc.



This is our little powder room downstairs.
It is very little, but functional, which is all you really need, right?
See the hardware on the door and the cabinet? Outdated, but again, hoping to work around that.
And I am certainly not a fan of the paneled doors on the cabinet in here (we have them in the kitchen too) but I have a plan for that...hoping it works because if it does, it will be a real money saver since we don't plan on any big remodels with this house!
 


I also don't think I will be painting some of the rooms in this house since they were freshly painted before we moved in...but there are lots of little projects to do and I can't wait to start!!

Those are just a few little details...I will have more to share later in the week.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.