Sunday, May 17, 2015

A New Gallery Wall- Staircase


When we first moved into our second home not too long ago, I, of course, wanted to add some photos that meant a lot to my family and I. In our last house, we had a gallery wall of family pictures going up the staircase, and I loved it. In our new home, I wasn't sure if that was something we were going to do because our stairs are the first thing you see when you walk into the entryway of our home, so I held off and put 3 big canvas pictures there until I could decide what I really wanted.

Well, then Jennifer from Dear Lillie decided to do a gallery wall going up her staircase and it turned out beautifully! I loved it! That gave me enough inspiration to do one again and so I gathered all of our pictures from the house and chose only a select number to line the stairs. I did this so that the space wouldn't feel overwhelming. I am not really a fan of crowded gallery walls- sometimes they look awesome and well done and other times they look cluttered to me. So to avoid that, I just decided to do a certain amount and keep the frames simple with black and white.




I started out by making templates of each of the frames I wanted to use which worked out pretty well. I have to be honest and say that by the end however, I just ended up taking the templates off and just using my judgement on where the frames should go. Needless to say, that method had me putting more holes in the walls, but honestly, they are so little that it doesn't bother me. And we plan on painting the stairway walls in the future, so we can cover up whatever we need to then.







This was just the start to the pictures...I ended up adding a few more because our wall in the stairway goes up pretty high, so I wanted to add a few more we already had to fill that space. I will have some pictures of that to come soon once I have time to edit them. 
Overall, I do think that having a gallery wall here makes sense and since we loved having one in our last place, I'm excited we finally got one up in our new place. 

I'm hoping to have some more finished pictures to share later and also later in the week, I will share pictures of our new light fixture in the kitchen! Until then, have a great Monday everyone!

2 comments :

  1. I've always wanted to do a gallery wall going up our stairs but the process overwhelms me-good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can do it...I think making the paper templates is really helpful. :)

      Delete

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.