Tuesday, May 26, 2015

New Kitchen Island Light Fixture



A few weeks ago, my family and I were taking a stroll thru Home Depot and I wanted to wander down the lighting section. There are so many beautiful kinds of lights Home Depot offers and it was fun to check them all out. It didn't take me long before I spotted a light fixture I really liked and told my husband, "I think this is what I want for our kitchen." He said he liked it and it was listed at a good price, so we came back the following week and bought one.

I have some before and after photos to share, but first, I want to say that before my husband installed the new light fixture over our kitchen island, in its place was a very outdated fan. When we first did a walk-thru of our home before putting in an offer on it, I remember thinking it was so strange to have a ceiling fan in the kitchen. Anyone else with me on that one??

I knew I wanted it to come down, so 8 months later, it did and I am very happy about that!





 

I am debating on whether or not to add stripes to the kitchen nook. We did it in our last house and I really miss having stripes somewhere in our home. I don't know what it is but I have always loved striped walls, and since it worked out so well in our last homes kitchen nook, I figured it wouldn't hurt to try them in our new home and see how they look.


And I always love a good before and after....so here is where the kitchen started when we first moved in:



Ummmm, yea....a bit of a change don't you think?!
We still have to update the appliances because they are about 25+ years old....no joke...but we have to save a little bit for that. :)

Have a great Tuesday everyone!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.