Monday, June 1, 2015

Family Room Pictures



It has been a little while since I have showed some more pictures of our family room.
It is probably one of our favorite spots in the house because we spend a lot of time there, it is open to our kitchen and nook area, and we love having people over so it is a great spot to hang out in. One of my favorite features in the room is our brick fireplace. I know it is pretty popular to paint brick right now, but it was one of the things my husband and I decided not to paint...we just couldn't bring ourselves to do it. I think it adds some charm and color to the room and you know, brick is brick, so once it is painted, there is no going back.
We also chose to leave the wood trim around the fireplace natural and didn't paint that either. It was a decision I wasn't sure about, but my hubby said he really wanted to keep that area all wood, and I think that was the right decision for us. It really gives the space some warmth among the white trim and walls.



These frames were a steal from K-Mart at $5 a piece. They were on sale and are pretty large...they can hold an 11X14 picture...can't wait to fill those up.



Another thing we love about this space is our french doors that lead out to the deck. In our last house, we really wanted to add a pair of those doors, but never got the chance to. Once we saw this house and the french doors, we got excited and were happy that we didn't have to add those in somewhere because they were already here for us. They also provide a lot of natural light which is really nice.




The wooden horse rocking chair was a thrift store find...I may have blogged about him before, but my girls love having that around and after I saw something similar on another blog, I knew I wanted to get one for our family room. He looks great in front of the fireplace, don't you think?




Thanks for stopping by!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.