Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Upstairs Bathroom Details


The kid's upstairs bathroom is pretty much complete. There are always a few minor details I like to add to a space even if it looks like it is done, but I figured the bathroom was in a good state to photograph so I decided to go ahead and write a blog post about it. 

Here is a quick before shot of the bathroom:
 Thank goodness the homeowners before us took down the wallpaper in here...that would have made me cry if we had to do all of that.

 And here is the updated space as it stands today:

The updating process all began when I decided on a whim to take down the old builder grade mirrors in some of the bathrooms in our home. This process actually turned out to be super easy, probably too easy, so I figured why not start moving some mirrors around in our home and so this is how the circular one ended up in here. It was originally in our bedroom but I thought it would look best in this bathroom. I like how the circular shape breaks up all the squares and rectangles in this bathroom.  

We also love the skylight in here- it gives us so much natural light that we wouldn't otherwise have in this room because there are no other windows.



I bought the pink coral towel at Target. I loved it and so did the girls, so we got it for them. It works well with the gray walls and vanity I painted.




Wall color is a mix of some grays and whites I had on hand.
Shelves are from Home Depot on clearance.
Vanity color is SW Gauntlet Gray- a nice rich color
Gold knobs are from Home Depot as well- originally in our kitchen but moved them over to the bathroom.

In the future, we would love to update the toilet and shower because they are the original ones to the home and are yellow, as you can see in some of the photos. But for now, they stay. 

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great Tuesday everyone!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.