Sunday, November 15, 2015

When A Project Doesn't Go As Planned


Ever since we moved into our home last year, I wanted a dark gray door. In our last house, all of our doors were painted in a dark gray and I loved it. We got so many compliments on it because it looked good. So I thought I would continue that trend in our new house and start with painting our front door. However, after doing one coat of a pretty dark gray called Ashwood Moss, by Benjamin Moore, it wasn't love at first sight. In fact, I'm not sure I even like it. I thought this dark gray would go so well with some of the wood trim we have nearby...but it actually clashed a little bit and once the first coat was up it didn't look that good. Such a bummer!!



When I crop the picture so the wood trim in the living room can't be seen, the gray door looks great and stands out...in a good way!


But when I took a picture of the gray colored door next to the surrounding wood trim it just didn't do it for me. Again, such a bummer because this gray is such a beautiful color. Good thing I only bought a sample!!!


Anyways, I'm left with either painting the trim in the living room white OR repainting the front door white. I would love to keep the door gray but have a hard time painting the trim in the living room white (which would probably have to happen in order for things to flow well from room to room)...OY! 
At least it is just paint.


No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.