Tuesday, March 28, 2017

DIY Centerpiece Box

For some time now, I have been wanting to either find or build a wooden box for our dining room table. I've seen a lot of smaller planter boxes used as centerpieces around the blog world and really loved how cute and functional they appear to be. It wasn't until recently that I decided to make one using some left over scrap wood we had stored in our garage. 



I actually just used some 1x4's we had left over from a picture frame I made years ago...it was falling apart and I ended up saving the extra wood after taking down the frame. Glad I did because it saved me a few extra bucks! Since we already had everything on hand to create this project, it cost me nothing but time. My kind of project! :)



I had my little helper available to hammer the nails to the board. She really loved that part and did a good job!




Once it was put together, there were a few areas that still needed to be stained. Thankfully, I had some left over Espresso stain from a previous project (used to make those picture frames). 



I also decided to add some handles to the side using pulls we already had.




I simply love how it all turned out! Now we have a place for all of those Mason jars I've collected. :)










If you are looking to spruce up your table, give this project a try! It's super simple once you have all of the materials and it's totally functional as well!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers! Thanks for taking the time to post an encouraging & uplifting comment.